Monday, October 22, 2007


On the web...

Iraq
I am happy to hear that there's now finally a drop in violence in Iraq. It's interesting what ads are featured next to this story, at least when I clicked on it.
Of course, I'm still skeptical of the situation there. And the real test will be what we do about about Iran, not Iraq.

Peikoff's Podcast
I would be remiss if I didn't mention Dr. Leonard Peikoff's excellent first
podcast. I'm looking forward to many more.


Lies in History
Scott Powell's History At Our House blog has an interesting post on the lie that teachers tell about the supposedly established fact that "the Americas experienced a catastrophic depopulation after 1492." It is actually surprising to me that this is in fact highly controversial. I guess it just goes to show how perverted the general information now is and how pernicious the influence of bad ideas on history.

Tolkien Quiz
Be sure to take the LOTR Quiz (hat-tip Rational Jenn). And yes, I'm Bilbo as well. My wife came out to be a Jedi (!).

No comments:

Bookmark and Share