Thursday, June 01, 2006

Recommendation

I should be finished listening to the unabridged audio recording of Atlas Shrugged today. This particular recording was read by Kate Reading, who has also done a superb rendition of We, the Living (which might be available at your local public library). Reading is able convey the emotional intensity necessary for an Ayn Rand novel. I have to say I prefer Kate Reading's reading skills to those of Christopher Hurt, the other reader of unabridged Ayn Rand fiction, who comes across as sounding somewhat bouncy sounding. While Hurt does great accents -- I particularly liked his Francisco D'Anconia -- he lacks Reading's passion.

If you haven't listened to an unabridged recording of an Ayn Rand novel, I highly recommend it. It is a truly exhilarating experience.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share